Complete France Forum

Siret number and Cheque Emploi

Pumpkin

Ty,

Thanks this all is really helpful. I have written it all out. Can you please just elaborate on all the abbreviatons so I understand what they are and where I can find them!

Only been here 5 months and there has been so much to sort out it blows the mind. But I never thought it would be easy. Hope I'm not as annoying as the man in the car park at the supermarket!!!

Hello, I am actually very busy but I am working locally and so pop back for tea etc...

C.C.I = Chambre de Commerce et Industrie

ACCRE, I have only ever heard this reffered to as the abbreviation.

Car park man was a useless fellow... He told me he had come here to escape Tony Blair....Why? was he being stalked by him...?

Ha Ha Ty - I bet he knows nothing about French politics!!

Pumpkin - you have to register with the MSA if you are gardening, but the Chambre of Commerce will let them know. We had a home visit and the guy laughed when I said that I had four clients (that was just after we had registered in the July), he said he'd be back in December to take another look at our factures. Work had picked up a lot by then, but I didn't have to pay cotisations until the following year so I had the first six months free. I don't think he believed I'd make a goer of it! Anyway the next year I had to pay the annual cotisations (worked out then to a formula) in one lump! Heavens, that was hard!! But now can pay monthly (it's now worked out on my previous years taxable earnings).

In spring this year I had so much work that I gave several routine jobs away to another local gardener who had just registered!

Am repointing our barn/sitting room wall this week as a break from mowing/strimming/weeding etc.

Oh, that's another thing; the machinery costs loads! Big outlay, constant maintenance and servicing - keep hitting rocks and other nasty things, especially in new jungles, er..gardens, no matter how careful I am. I have the best strimmer that I can reasonably manage and that will have to be replaced this year. Costly business - and Ty wants me to buy new clothes and look smart!! Huh!

Thanks for all of that, my brain is now trying to sort it all out!

So as I understand the tax I will pay gets worked out on my tax return each year and my cotisations get worked out my the cotisations man who visits my house (he's in for a treat!) and my assurances which cover me having any accidents are also sorted out.

Will I have anything left!

I have already purchased a number of tools as I had one of those jungles too and have a large piece of land to mow but I appreciate how costly they can be to maintain.

Ty - Thanks for explaining the tea breaks. I too can only grab the odd 5 mins as amongst all the renovations I am looking after 4 children! It will be my husband who will be doing the gardening.

I am now going to skin some more of my knuckles removing some old mortar.

Archived