Complete France Forum

Carte Vitale?

la bezarderie

Despite several hours surfing, I can't quite work out how to obtain a carte vitale for my husband.  He has been offered some work on the cheque emploi basis but because all  our work has been carried out in the UK during the last two years I'm not certain where to start getting him into the French system.  I think it's probably through the E106 form but would appreciate any advice that's going.

Have a look at http://forums.livingfrance.com/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=284&MessageID=252774

Most of the information is there. The first step is to get a E106 or a letter from them telling you that you or your spouse are not entitled. The rest is in the post I have given above. There is loads of information in the Health section you just need to plough through the health section or search it using E106.

If your husband has been working, and paying NI, in the UK for the last two or three years, he may be able to get E106 entitlement to Health care in France for up to two years. I haven't got the number but you need to speak to the Pensions department of the DSS at Newcastle. They will send you the E106 form which you take into your nearest CPAM. Your husband will then get an insurance number which he can use for the cheque d'emploi.

If Newcastle say that he isn't entlted to the E106 help, ask them for a letter confirming this and take that into CPAM who will then still have to give him a French NI number. Hope this helps a bit. As Quillan says all the information is on the Health section of this site but needs ploughing through. You could also look on www.frenchentree.com under their Health section which is full of really useful information. Good luck!

Archived