Complete France Forum

Tax in France

smidge

I run a web based information company in the uk but would like to move to France. Can anyone tell me is it possible to live in France but keep my business in the uk and pay the tax due in the UK.

All the transactions are uk based and all moneys go into a UK bank. I know thati will have to pay all my living taxes in France.

• 3 weeks later...
You would be doing the work in France and so would be taxed in France, not the UK, regardless of the currency you're invoiced in or where you are paid, its all part of your worldwide income which you declare in France.  You would have to apply to have your income tax paid in the UK refunded - or your income paid gross.  I'm not sure what the point is exactly of your question (sorry - read it over a few times!) - is it that you're trying to avoid having to set the same business up again in France?  If so, I don't believe this is possible and I think trying it would work out more expensive for you.  For instance, you may have to be classed as an employee of your UK company working in France and end up paying your own employers and employee contributions in France and lose a huge chunk of your income in this way.  If you explain your reasoning and reasons a bit more, someone more expert might jump in and help.

Archived