Complete France Forum

Pet Sitting, Cheque Emploi ?

Junlesley

Hi, I would like to do pet sitting, the problem is I would'nt be earning anymore than €2,000 euros a year at most, so can I get paid by the cheque emploi system, and if so do I need to get registered with the system first, or is it only my prospective employers who need to get registered to get the cheque emploi cheques.

Thanks in advance for any information.

When I write out the cheque emplois for my cleaning lady there is a counterfoil on which I have to put her name, address and social security details and the basis on which I pay her (minimum wage, hourly rate, etc) so that she gets her insurances etc.  This is then charged to me in addition to the actual wage cheque I give her.

I would therefore think that you would have to be registered in some manner in order to get paid this way.  Someone will know much more accurately than me!

Chrissie (81)

Thanks Chrissie, thats what I thought, but I did'nt know if I just gave my French social security number etc to whoever is employing me that would be ok, there is lots of information on employing someone using these cheques but I cant find much about 'being employed' or registering for the system.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I spoke to her this morning and she seems to think you should go to the CPAM and talk to them first.  You need to have a social security number in order to receive the cotisation benefits - hers starts with a 2(as she's female) yy(year of birth) mm(month of birth) 81(dept of birth) and then has 8 other numbers, so you should be able to figure out what yours should look like!  But she seemed concerned that as a foreigner there would be different regulations for you, and therefore a different type of number etc....... It may even be connected (?)  

This all sounds more complicated than I would have believed!  Am sure there are other people on this forum who can comment knowledgeably.   Surely it cannot be too complicated or nobody would earn money the honest way.  Would be interested to hear the outcome.

Chrissie (81)

Hi Chrissie,

Thank you for asking your "lady",

I have got a social security number and yes mine starts with a 2, so at least I know what that means now, I would have thought that since we are in the European Union and having a French number de sécurité social valid until 2024 (will I still be around then?) the rules would be the same for being employed by the Cheque Emploi System.[8-)]

Thanks again for asking.

Archived