Complete France Forum

What do we do?

Scarlett

My OH has been offered the opportunity of some work in various parts of Europe (including France) working with an American couple who are sub-contractors of a UK firm and live in Austria (are you still with me....?[8-)])  They will want to pay him a gross sum and leave tax etc to him.  Of course the tax bit is pretty straightforward, we just declare it on our French tax form.  However, would he need to register here in France?  The company is based in the UK, he would not be an employee, but a sub-contractor, and some of the work would be in France but some of it in Belgium, Holland or Germany.  Anybody got any ideas about what he would need to do?

Speak to an accountant! It will, I suspect come down to where you are "tax resident". If you are living in France and any of the work is in France, you will need to register  (as something, depends on what he will be doing - generally speaking, all subbies in France must be registered) here and pay social charges here. If you are UK-resident (I guess that you are not), then it is much easier & cheaper - just do it....

Archived