Complete France Forum

what do i need

gers32

what will i need to work in france as a builder i served a apprentiship and run my company in england and am looking to work around my region gers or can i pay tax in uk on my earnings here any ideas any one i am stilll regerestered in uk

You should register as an artisan with the Chambre de Metiers if you intend to work as a builder here because you are obliged to carry Deçennale and Civile insurance to protect yourself,your work and your clients. Be warned that you will make hefty cotisations to several bodies including your local commune with Taxe Professionnelle,Taxe d'Apprentissage etc and others depending on the regime you take on, after the first couple of years. Most clients won't touch builders registered in the UK because they need french TVA invoices as guarantees and for their tax returns and you cannot charge the lower rate of TVA unless french TVA registered so people won't use you as they will get it done cheaper here. Visit the local CdeM and get all the info from them as you will have to a do a business course first in french usually to get into the system and will have to proove your qualifications or either running a business previously or certificates etc. You won't make anything like you can wage-wise here, the more you earn,the more you pay in charges unfortunately.

Archived