Complete France Forum

Golf Lets

The Golfers

Hi

Has anyone had any experience of letting their house to 'golfers'?  We have a house on the 1st fairway of a golf course and are considering letting it out, but after reading your messages it appears that owners have difficulty renting out their property other than in July and August.  Over the years and before we owned a property, we played golf in France at all different times of the year.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Golfer

I'm not a golfer, but from what I hear from friends and relatives who are, these folks travel all times of year to play different courses.  If your place had other courses within reach, it would make a good base for those who want to try out several in a week.  Sometimes there is even a "Golf Pass" within an area, that gives an advantageous price for four or five combined green fees.

The "July/August" limit specially applies to the sort of houses that appeal to families with school-age children.  Golfers would presumably be looking to come *outside* those times for the most part...

Angela

I think it's a very good idea for out of season business.  It's a route I'm planning on going down myself this year to get out of season B&B.  Friends of ours have a B&B near us and they have been doing pretty well with April/May and October "golf" bookings.  If you do a search for golf holidays in France there are also some websites to advertise on.

Hi I only know what our grandson tells us and who is just mad keen but not on golf but fishing.  He is into Carp fishing and all of that and most of the time he sleeps on 'the job' and then comes home during the day to finish off sleeping. 

I certainly know in other areas of France that B & B's fill in lots of gaps with fishing holidays.

Coco there is a golf course near Brehal? or is it St Martin de Brehal

• 3 weeks later...

Archived