Complete France Forum

siret - can I do more than 1 job??

Yvonne

My husband has a siret number and is registered to trade as a cdh business. He is wanting to 'expand' and do other things during the quiet times. These other jobs are not related to cdh.

Please can anyone advise how he goes about being legal for other non cdh related work?

Many thanks,

Abi

Hi Abi,

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a cdh business?

Depending on his registration, it may be possible (for a charge) to add other jobs onto his registration, so long as they are not a metier for which he is not qualified.  What is he thinking of doing?

Aly

An accountant or other suitably qualified professional is certainly the best source of advice.

If the cdh is registered at the Chambre de Commerce, and the extras are also the sort of jobs that need registration at the same chambre, then it may well be possible to extend the original registration.

However, if the additional jobs would be registered with a Chambre des Metiers or undertaken as a profession liberale, then separate registration would normally be required.

You are in a strange situation. Cdh is normally an 'extra' in itself, and only needs to be registered with the C de C when it forms your primary source of income. Although you no doubt did the right thing at the time, it may be better now to de-register the Cdh, register the extra business, and declare the cdh income under the micro regime in order to avoid excessive charges etc. But you would definitely need to see a professional.

Archived