Complete France Forum

Micro enterprise and seasonal work

tonshun

Hi

My friend has been running her own (small) micro enterprise for the last 6 months with UK based clients. As she is home based and speaking english all day there is less chance to improve her language skills and meet new people. Therefore she is looking to do some seasonal work (fruit picking or similar) which will help in meeting people...and the bank balance. This would all be legit - ie. no on the black work and probably at minimum wage levels. Is this possible when she already has a micro enterprise? Can you have a micro enterprise and also do some short term casual work? Or will the handing over of her carte vitale number to the new temporary employer flag up some sort of warning on a computer somewhere? Thanks in advance.

Hi

I believe that it is fine for you to have more than one job and one being employed the other micro is fine.  A french teacher I once had worked privately and for the college and I asked her exactly your question and she said it's normal to do this.  It might get messy if you were trying to do other work under your micro banner than that which you are registered to do, in this circumstance you should have the scope of your registration extended to include the new line of work if you can, you do not want to register a second micro as that could end up being costly.

Panda

Yes, as Panda says, there's no problem in having a micro enterprise + employment. We have taken up short term employment contracts in the UK whilst having a micro-enterprise here and declared the income in France. If the employment is legitimate and within France then the remuneration will (should) be already printed on your friend's French tax return when she receives it.

Steve

Archived