Complete France Forum

Is there a market for a mobile car valeting service in the Dordogne?

AdrianG

Hi

I am considering a move to the Dordogne with my wife and fifteen month old daughter. Like a lot of people I am concerned with how difficult it is to find work in France, particularly for someone who (at the moment) speaks very little French.

One idea I have is to go down the self-employed route and set up a mobile car valeting service, aimed mainly at the British ex-pat community.

Is there a market for such a thing or are there plenty of people already doing this kind of thing in the Dordogne?

I would welcome your views and any information on how to go about setting up such a venture.

AdrianG[8-)]

There are a couple in my area of 24 already Adrian, French businesses tho and quite expensive I thought when I read their leaflets.

I'm not sure that it would be cost effective for you by the time that your paid all your charges - to be honest, many people including a lot of Brits pay their 6 euros at a garage, put the car through the BIG wash (wheels etc type) and hoover/clean out themselves.

In the more rural parts where we are dirt and mud are a way of life, so it's removable mats etc - personally, I wouldn't consider having our cars valeted unless we were hosting a wedding or something like that tho I used to occasionally in the UK.

Archived