Complete France Forum

earning a living in france

would love any ideas on earning money in france .I am  highly qualified and experienced in child care , but not able to find a suitable job in the area i would like to live (49 loire valley )or surroundings. I am a single parent and increasing my A level french steadily. Anyone got thoughts. I would also be in any other ways to earn a living if any one has any.[

Try contacting your local ANPE* (and maybe also local GRETA) and find out what child care jobs they have available and what qualifications they require for them (do you have any uk child care qualifications? will they accept any of those? will your experience count for anything much? - they can answer those questions and then you'll have a clear idea of what you need to do). You should also ask them whether you will need a language qualification (TCF or DELF, e.g., to give you an idea: level B2 or C1 of either is usually required for university entrance).

*ANPE - www.anpe.fr to find contact details of your local office.

Alot of people coming from England may have qualifications that are excepted in the UK but may not be in France. It is a good idea to search for a governing group in France for the work you wish to do and get properly validated, as there are alot of people who work on the black hair dressing etc who have got English custome but can not advertise. So seek out the right avenues first.

thanks so much for that help , i could easily get work as a nanny with my exsisting english qualification as it is world renowned,however that isnt the avenue i would like to go down. so your advice is really helpful,

Archived