Complete France Forum

accident de travail

Alma

I suffered an accident de travail in august, was sent back to work in october which lasted all of two days after which I was in so much pain I had to stop again.  I have been having physio twice a week throughout and although this has helped I am still in pain after driving for more than 10/15 mins or after doing housework (similar to that which I do at my employment)..  My GP is now pushing to send me back to work although I feel I am not ready.  (I feel I need to be 100% fit to cope with the moral harrassement I have been suffering at the hotel). 

Can anyone therefore let me know what the procedure is for returning to work after an accident.  I have been told it is the Medecin de Travail who must give you the all clear but my GP is addamant that he has the right to send me back to work.  I get the impression he is more worried about the CPAM being on his back than he is about my well being!

[:(]

Thanks for that!  Have scrolled through that and some other sites I have found and think i have understood most of it.  One thing I am not sure of is does my employer HAVE to make an appointment for me to see the medecin de travail and if so how quickly must he do this from my first day back.  I have a feeling I am going to be send back to work by my GP before I am 100% better and will carry on having painful problems.  I suppose I will have to grin and bear it!

Archived