Complete France Forum

TOTAL GAZ

0001helen

I am dealing with some aspects of a French house purchase for a relative because they are based in the UK. The Immobilier has asked if they would like to carry over the contract for TOTAL GAZ from the previous owner - as the property has a TOTAL GAZ tank in the garden. The agent said there were two options with this gas supplier, to rent the bottle yearly at about 250 euros or to pay a deposit of just over 1000 euros. I wondered if anyone out there has TOTAL GAZ, how they have found it cost-wise and the contract works. Is there any advantage to keeping it?

Best Regards
Helen

• 3 weeks later...

We've just had a Total Gaz tank installed underground on the advice of our plumber/elctrician who was converting the central heating from an electric to a gas system. The annual rental is 180 euros or one off payment of 1073 euros. We opted for the annual charge. If you have the tank above ground the costs are 90 euros a year or 623 euros one off paymant.

As of yet I have no idea as to whether it is cost efficient, but was told a full tank (1400kg) would last 2 years for a holiday home. The cost of a full tank (inc all taxes) has been 895 euros. Plus we got 550 euros worth of gas free, but I think this was an incentive to get people to get the tank installed.

I don't know what happens if we ever decide to change from Total. Would they remove their tank? Currently we only rent it through the annual charge. If they do remove it we would be left with a huge hole. Something for you to consider if your tank is underground. Although it could be useful for that swimming pool we've always wanted!

Hope this helps.

Jac

Archived