Complete France Forum

why is ?

Viv

The english artisain have such a bad name in france with the french for being unreliable we must say as english people we have never been let down by a french man but employed two english men both who have messed us about and have been quite difficult to get along with as a set date to finish a job on the 10june still has not been done on the 3july and now told they could spare on day why ? i ask myself

Last year I wrote a letter that was published in the L F Mag re the same issue. We found that English builders were ready to rip off unsuspecting Brits. They were generally rude and overpriced, they even told me not worry about planning permission. The French builder we contacted was punctual, polite, he started and finished on time. he even presented a bill lower than the original Devis. Personally, I say go local every time.

LAST EDITED ON 03-Jul-04 AT 04:58 PM (BST)

If you want any work done by an artisan, be he French or English or in fact any nationality, is it not best to ask for references from people that he has previously work for, be they French or otherwise?

I know that there are lots of cowboys out there, but as previously stated not all artisans have hats on their heads and carry guns, some have feathers and carry bows and arrows, if you get my drift.

Regards

David and Sam (Dept 37)

Archived