Complete France Forum

Water Heater

Bannon

Any of you guys know why a water heater I fitted keeps venting water all the time?

I bought it complete from a local DIY center and fitted with no real problem and it seemed fine at first. Seems to me that there is maybe to much pressure coming into the tank and then running out of the waste valve (if that's what it is) Tried reducing the pressure but then the shower does not work!

Is it a pressure problem and/or do I need some sort of extra valve fitted? The only thing I can think of doing is to replace the fitting that came with it - but that seems like a difficult job especially as I'll have to drain off all the water.

Thanks in advance.

>Any of you guys know why
>a water heater I fitted
>keeps venting water all the
>time?
>
>I bought it complete from a
>local DIY center and fitted
>with no real problem and
>it seemed fine at first.
>Seems to me that there
>is maybe to much pressure
>coming into the tank and
>then running out of the
>waste valve (if that's what
>it is) Tried reducing the
>pressure but then the shower
>does not work!
>
>Is it a pressure problem and/or
>do I need some sort
>of extra valve fitted? The
>only thing I can think
>of doing is to replace
>the fitting that came with
>it - but that seems
>like a difficult job especially
>as I'll have to drain
>off all the water.
>
>Thanks in advance.

French water heaters MUST be fitted with a "Groupe de securit" on the cold inlet to the heater. This is a safety valve which naturally drips water as the tank heats up and the water inside expands. If you have fitted this correctly this loss of water is normal. If the mains pressure is above 3.5 bar then a pressure reducer should be fitted. The loss of water will be minimal once the tank is up to temperature.

Best Regards,

Paul

Archived