Complete France Forum

Where can I find about electrical conformitie.

I have been installing my network in the New house and have had an electrician mention that we need to have telephone points in every room to access the internet.

I have 3 questions to pose.

1 I have installed a network connection point in every room, is this classed as sufficient.

2 Where can I find out about the regulations?

3 how much is a check on the electricity by the Authorities.

thanks

Tim

I can't understand why you need a connection in every room to access the internet,when presumably you are only likely to access the internet from one room ?
It certainly is beneficial to have several connections for phones/faxes/computers/sky?,but is it actually a regulation to have one in every room-seems a strange one to me.
Regards Tony

>I have been installing my network
>in the New house and
>have had an electrician mention
>that we need to have
>telephone points in every room
>to access the internet.

I'm sure that your electrician is wrong. I don't think that there are any regs pertaining to internet connectivity. If you have a network point in every room, them presumably you have internet connectivity in every room. Why would you need a telephone point "to access the internert"?

>
>I have 3 questions to pose.
>
>
>1 I have installed a network
>connection point in every room,
>is this classed as sufficient.

By whom? Is it sufficient for you? I imagine so!
>
>
>2 Where can I find out
>about the regulations?

Electrical wiring? Ask your electrician.

>
>3 how much is a check
>on the electricity by the
>Authorities.

Val has answered that. As you are a new build, you will need the certificate from the CONSUEL before EDF will connect you. Whilst you pay, your electrician should arrange this.

Nick
http://www.aplaceinfrance.com

Archived