Complete France Forum

Shower tray on concrete floor.

Jackie

Going to be putting in a shower on a concrete floor in a new downstairs room. Is it the best thing to do to raise the shower tray up on a wooden plinth so I can get my arm underneath to fit, and if required, to remove the waste pipe. I had thought that I could make this raised section of floor as rigid as possible and large enough to accommodate a loo as well for which the previous owner has already put waste pipes in place. To then clad it with 15mm ply so that tiles could be layed on top around the shower tray and loo. A stud wall would be placed around this so it becomes a room within a room. Is there any way this could be done without building the false floor, or at least doing it in concrete only, any ideas anyone..........John in 79

john, If your 40mm waste pipe is allready in the screed,near or under where the tray is going to be fitted.Measure exactly the centre of the tray waste hole on to the concrete floor make a hole 150mm deep and square, run the waste to it and install a top entry shower waste trap.install the tray then screw the waste fitting to the trap.You need to be pretty spot on with your measuring.Much better job than sitting it on a base etc,allso if the trap gets blocked it can be cleaned from the top.If you are going the other route i suggest something a bit thicker than 15mm ply for your flooring or base.happy plumbing.

Archived