Complete France Forum

Inserting a Tee junction in a 100mm pipe

Jackie

I hope that someone out there with more knowledge than I can answer this one.

I have a 100mm pipe feeding the fosse and I want to insert a Tee junction so I can connect in another loo. I have dug a trench along the pipe and exposed several metres of it. If I cut a section out of the pipe to get the Tee junction in I cannot move the two cut sections back and forth to slide into the Tee sockets. I can flex the pipe up and down a bit but that is all. The only way I can see to fit the junction is to arrange for the section I cut out to be such so that I can slap cold weld glue on all the items, pull one cut end up a bit and slide the Tee on and then push it down and slide it back onto the other cut end. This means that each cut end would only be halfway into each of the Tee sockets.

The problem is, and I tried this once before, you would have to work very quickly as you would have only seconds before the whole thing goes solid. Any hold ups and the glue sets before you have thing in the right position. So is there a better way of doing this, am I missing the obvious? Help!!...........John in 79 

You can buy a slip connector,which all you do is cut the pipe slide the connector on to the pipe.install your tee etc put plenty of glue on the pipe and slide it over.If they have no slip connectors in stock just buy a straight joiner and file the band out from inside,it works the same.happy plumbing.

Archived