Complete France Forum

Supporting sheathed three core single solid conductor cable.

Jackie

I have a vertical drop for a black sheathed three 2.5mm single solid cores cable between the house wall and what will be a stud wall.
In this drop there are two plastic waste water pipes, one of 50mm from a shower and one of 100mm from a toilet.

Is there any good reason why I should not tie the cable to one of these pipes using the wide electricians black cable ties to give the cable some support or is there something in the regs against this? Each pipe is well supported and able to take the extra weight.

I have been advised in another place that this is not on but I am not sure why. Can anyone shed any light on this as I do know that is not good to hang a cable down a cavity without support, I suppose it might stretch it. Would be most grateful for any further opinions........John in 79

Hello Scotty, many thanks for your reply. I would however be most grateful if you could indicate what you, or anyone else, see as a danger in this particular case, i.e. to large plastic waste water pipes, and is it a no no according to French wiring regs?.......Thanks in anticipation...........John in 79 

Archived