Complete France Forum

Tanking

BricoKeith

Hi Keith

Not sure this is going to help exactly but we are having two showers put in and I wanted them to be like the English now call 'wet rooms' i.e. an open shower without cubicle.  I have found that I can call them 'Douche Italienne' and SOME builders know what I mean.  When I've looked on the devis' to see what they have written for this area I see the have 'plaques hydrofuges'.  I think this should make it clear what you want. Best of luck

Fran

Hi Keith

Not sure this is going to help exactly but we are having two showers put in and I wanted them to be like the English now call 'wet rooms' i.e. an open shower without cubicle.  I have found that I can call them 'Douche Italienne' and SOME builders know what I mean.  When I've looked on the devis' to see what they have written for this area I see the have 'plaques hydrofuges'.  I think this should make it clear what you want. Best of luck

Fran

[quote]Does anybody know what "Tanking" (sealing an underground room or cellar against water penetration) is in called in France? And a firm that performs this task in the south-west? Thank you.[/quote]

tanking= imperméabiliser general builders will do this work or an enduiseur

Archived