Complete France Forum

Have a caravan...Need a plumber

Wibblywobbly

I have no idea if this will produce a result but I will give it a go. The property is 10kms west of Chateaubriant.

What I have:

I have a caravan. I bought it off Ebay 10 months ago at over £1000. I intended to use it while I was working on my place but events have overtaken me. I have stepped inside of it once, and haven't even lowered the stabilisers. The following is the description from the Ebay ad:

A mid eighties 16.2 foot lynton VIP caravan,it has a twin axle and tows like a dream The accomodation is for 2 people (king size bed) The van has an end shower room,this has a shower tray and wash basin The kitchen is located in the middle of the van and equiped with a 3 burner hob,gas oven and eye level grill,all work very well,the fridge is a 3 way,gas ,12v and 220/240 volt.Sink and drainer. The van is also equiped with a full blown air heating system,I have never used this. All windows are double glazed and have either curtains or blinds The tyres were new this year (2003) and the brakes checked and overhauled. The overall condition is good for its age and it is a very comfortable van.

I have no doubt that it needs a good clean externally by now, and that the interior will require freshening up. It is however a very nice van and very well equipped. Just air in the tyres and a license plate and it will be ready to go.

What I need:

I need someone to plumb in a ground floor kitchen and bathroom.

They are adjacent to one another seperated by a stud wall. There is a cold water supply to the kitchen, and the fosse outlet has been brought up under the wall into the bathroom, together with the wiring to the pump. The mains fuse box is a few feet away. I have designed the layout to minimise wiring and pipework.

Already on site:

• French spec. Complete shower cubicle. Prefabricated type with a quadrant shaped base.
  • French spec. WC
  • French spec. Sink/Vanity unit with mirror and lights.
  • UK spec kitchen base units and worktop (not cut for sink).
  • UK spec sink and taps etc.

Not on site:

• 200L electric water heater.
  • There is no copper water pipe or plastic drain pipe on site.

The floor is tiled, the shower unit may need raising on a concrete plinth to get the fall on the drain.

The ground floor is mid-way through rewiring.

I have friends living 2 kms away (ex-building trade) who have keys and can arrange access.

If you are a qualified plumber/electrician and can complete this job to professional French standards, and wish to negotiate a deal then let me know. I can provide floor plans and photos to make the requirements clear. If you are someone who thinks that they might know how to do it and fancy a caravan then please don't even think about it. The work will be inspected before the caravan is released and I won't let you near the place until you can prove that you know your trade.

All interested parties please contact me via email:

Rob@hitenter.co.uk

Many thanks

Rob G

Archived