Complete France Forum

I had a really good day today .. it started by receiving two bills from artisans that have done work for us , The first ..for putting a woodburner in .. The bill was 600 euros less than the accepted quote, he didn't need to do as much work as anticipated but we wouldn't have known any different .

The second was for moving a huge peice of granite from our garden to the fireplace, must have taken at least 4 strong men!  Cementing and fitting it in the fireplace ,they only charged us  £40ish.  Just thought I`d share that ! 

Vive la France!

[quote]I had a really good day today .. it started by receiving two bills from artisans that have done work for us , The first ..for putting a woodburner in .. The bill was 600 euros less than the accepted q...[/quote]

we recently bought our woodburner from Weldon, we bought the pipe that goes up the chimney plus the funny bit that joins the woodburner to the pipe, but the funny bit was the wrong shape, we needed a 45 degree angle not the 90 degree angle that we bought, but they didnt have the black one in, only a silver one, but said that the piece we wanted would take 15 days to order or rather arrive after ordering.

2 days later they sent us a fax saying that as the weather was getting colder theywould lend us the silver one until ours arrived.... how about that for service.

tricia b

excuse my technical knowledge.

Warms the******es of your heart!!!

Archived