Complete France Forum

Bathroom fan extract into soil vent pipe?

Kittycat

Apologies if this is a silly question, but as I'm not sure of the answer I thought I'd 'pick' your collective brains.

We have an extract fan in the upstairs bathroom. This exits into the attic, running parallel with the soil stack vent pipe. (Until recently the soil stack vent pipe just stopped in the attic.)

As we are now intending to convert the attic, I have extended the soil stack vent pipe out through the roof, where it should have been in the 1st place.

What I need to know is can I make a connection for the bathroom extract into the soil stack vent pipe, perhaps using a swept joint. Or do you think it could, with a backdraft, cause odour problems in the bathroom?? or does anyone have a better solution??

What I'm trying to do is avoid having more pipes than is absolutely necessary, exiting the roof

Thanks for reading & for any help you can offer.

Best wishes

[quote]Apologies if this is a silly question, but as I'm not sure of the answer I thought I'd 'pick' your collective brains. We have an extract fan in the upstairs bathroom. This exits into the attic, runni...[/quote]

The short answer is no,you will have to run a seperate pipe, Use a flexy pipe.Happy plumbing. 

Archived