Complete France Forum

Reconnaisance Mission- Thanks

Well, just back from our first Recc into the SW of France. We checked out all the places recommended to us and it was a great help to us, thanks very much. We are now considering a move to Foix or very near to it. Is anyone reading this out there already?

I am amazed at how tiring this research process is, I think  it is mainly a side effect of my brain doing intricate somersaults considering every angle and eventuality.

The Drive from Vernet les bains over to Mirepoix is fab, driving through the windy (as in wind not winding) gorge was something else!

Thanks

Fi

• 3 weeks later...

Not out there yet, but working on it! We completed on our French purchase in June and are in the throes of renovation. The house is in Dun- located 8K south of the Mirepoix-Pamier road. Not that far from Foix. Lovely area so good luck and hope you find your ideal house.

We bought through an agent in Mirepoix (Agence Hamilton) and Philippe Bagros who works for them was really excellent. He soon got the hang of what we were looking for and didn't show us unsuitable properties (we got the impression that some agents take you to look at properties to show the owner that they are getting potential buyers round, rather than showing the buyer what he wants).

Archived