Complete France Forum

replacement windows

Lapaix

Any of the proper builder's merchants like LaPeyre,Queguiner,Point P etc can supply windows and made to spec where non-standard. I would advise you to make sure you are not contravening regulations by replacing your windows with anything different to what the existing look like and the material with which they are made.If in doubt, enquire with the local mairie as you can be made to remove them if they are not in keeping with the commune.

When we had ours done, it was on the recommendation of the builder who was doing the barn floor. We are more than satisfied, and he has done the shutters in "Persillenne" type, too.

Strangely, I WAS going to fit them myself, having done all mine at home in the UK, but the supplier pointed out that if I did, I'd be liable to VAT at 19.6%, whereas, if I had them fitted, VAT would be at 5.5%.

Simple maths showed me that having them fitted would, in effect, cost me about €5-10 per window, WELL worth it!

We're just waiting on doing the upstairs at Easter now, and have 3 new doors too............all are identical to the old ones, except in uPVC, double glazed, and they open and close properly

Alcazar

Archived