Complete France Forum

Casual Labour rules

ChrisnJules

Hereford - it may be cheaper (and much easier) to employ a registered gardener than pay by the cheque d'emploi system.

One of my clients paid his previous gardener by the c d'e system and received large bills for social charges. He says I'm cheaper in the long run and he doesn't have to worrry about getting the cheques or paying the charges. That's for me to worry about! (perhaps I'm charging too little:cry

regards.......helen

[quote]Hello If everyone went down the cheque d'emploi route the French economy would collapse. I was discussing this with my business partner and he just laughed, and he has been in France a lot longer tha...[/quote]

It apppears that your busness partner despite having been in France for many years does not know that the cheque system is not for "everyone".

It is only for gardners,domestic work,child minders,people who look after elderly or ill people,

Can hardly see how the french economy would collapse with these limited numbers using the system but of course you will know better

Hello "Boiling a frog".  many thanks for rough translation of rules on Cheque d'emploi.  Do you have the French link - I think we may understand it better than the translation! Thanks for the effort though.  We have a neigbour who wants to do gardening work but only part time.  He refuses to work on the black so would be glad to know how this system works. It seems impossible to be fully registered if you only want to work part time.

If we can sort this out then we could then change our arrangements and employ him rather than our current gardener.

Many thanks

H.

Archived