Complete France Forum

Plasterboard - which way up?

Nick Trollope

Nick,

Vertically.

If you have a lot of plasterboarding to do on metal rail, then Point P had a good promo pre-Christmas on a Makita dedicated plasterboard screwdriver - around 150 Euros from memory. Has the power to drive into metal and set the screw head just below the board surface without punching through.

Kind regards,

Bob Clarke
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/grindoux

Yes!!! I can answer this, well I can confirm Bobs answer. It is always vertical.......apart from just one or two pieces, which will remain horizontal, on your head, while you say things like sh1t sh1t **** **** bl00dy sh1tty **** ****.

And here I trust the mind reading software to render this post less offensive to anyone who has not dealt with this size plasterboard.

Happy days, and good luck Nick.

tresco

Oh dear, the swear word thing isn't working, but as it's late, I need to just say to Nick, sink 'em in, perhaps you need the tape too., depends what you are putting on top of it. I am sorry, I cannot face going through all those bad words, I thought the forum software would do it.....

Sorry it was my fault, I was asleep when you posted but I have done it now.

I have just fallen off the chair.............I am so shocked!!!!!!! What's happened to the asterisks? and what's happened to Tresco - she seemed such a nice person?

helen

PS we bought plasterboard props (and a plasterboard drill bit thingy) which are supposed to erradicate this sort of behaviour.

Helen, alas poor Asterisks died a sad death when his site was recently overrun by I.T. Romans. He has gone the way of all Gauls, for whom political correctness was never an entirely comfortable fit. Some commentators (mostly unemployed Angles 'egged-on' by the usual bloody minded Celtish contingent), said Asterisk's closet Hun tendencies (his love/hate relationship with rape and murder) would eventually 'see him off'. It was 'plain' they said, that speaking very nicely to people and avoiding bad language merely encourages your enemies to see you as weak. And so it has proved. All we have to remember him by are a few archeological remains, now gathering dust in the archives of what we still paradoxically refer to as 'Living France'.

May he rest in Peace.

As for Tresco ...  ... ... 

No, no, no, we have astrix string. It's tied to the moderator of the days right leg and when a nasty word comes up we get a pull (It's the only 'pull' I have had for years but thats another story). You see it's so relaxing here in France, taking your time, one sheet of plasterboard a day, don't want to over do it. That coupled with my heart consultant telling me he was pleased I was moving to France as red wine is good for the blood and that one a day was good for me. So after my mandatory 5L box of red (for medicinal purposes only) a day I fall asleep but then my heart is fine, well I don't feel pain........ anywhere come to think of it.

[quote]Q - in these PC times are you sure you should call someone "gentile" ? John not[/quote]

Oooooops see thats what happens if you only get the job (or the box) half done you start making smelling pistakes.

Piprob - He never said one what, just one. So living and working in the 'smoke' at the time I always go the max route. Being a contract consultant as well one tends to live by the rule of "eat (or in my case drink) today as you may not eat tomorrow" hic .

Back to the other half, can't leave a job half done. Perhaps I have some Scotish blood in me as an old Scot I once new who taught me how to drink single malt (is there any other?) was that once the cork is out it does not go back in.

Toodle Pip.....Hic

Archived