Complete France Forum

Building close to a Fosse?

Lyndap

We hope to extend our house next year, subject to planning permission.  I have a good idea of all the diagrams that I need to supply to the Mairie, but do I need to show him how close the building will be to the Fosse?

Also, does anyone know how close you can actually build to a fosse?

When we had the fosse put in last year, we were told by the builder that extending the property wouldn't be a problem near to the fosse.  He could see that we were planning to build fairly close probably within 1metre from the fosse.  This is an approximation as we are not there at the moment, so can't measure up.

Many Thanks

Lyndap

Thanks Alexis

Am I right in assuming that you need to supply your fosse details when requesting any type of  planning permission?

And, when you say you are not allowed to build at the back of your house is that because the fosse is there?

Thanks

lyndap

Woops!  That should have said..

Thanks Alexis

Am I right in thinking then that when requesting any type of planning permission it is always necessary to show where the fosse is?

And, were you told that you couldn't build at the back of your house because the fosse was there?

Many thanks

Lynda

It is a few years ago but I believe that the actual papers to be filled in tell you to mark the fosse.

I thought about this not being allowed to build after I mailed and I can't remember if the Notaire meant another house or just an extension.  Trouble was, the house is so big already, we didn't need to extend!

That will teach me to listen more carefully.

I must say that I think a metre is cutting it a bit fine.  When we get the new fosse in there are all sorts of rules to follow regarding it's surroundings.  Ask at the Mairie first and then the DDE to confirm.  Best to find out before you have plans drawn up etc.

Archived