Complete France Forum

Paintbrush cleaner in France

Alcazar

At the moment I use Wickes stuff, of which I took about 4 x 2litre containers and I only use small quantities at a time, so I'm hoarding it!

It's the strong smelling blue coloured stuff that is water soluble itself and a good degreaser for bike parts too.

Does anyone know of an equivalent in France? And at a reasonable price, before I bring another 30 litres in the next trailer load?

I pay about £2 a litre in the UK.

Thanks,

Alcazar

Turbentibe or however it is spelt and White Spirit ( as labelled by the French) freely available. There are paint brush cleaners ( to cold to go down the cave to get French name) which are better than the above but still not a patch on UK produuts if you do not get the brushes clean immediately.  These days I use a dustbin and one of those attachments for the electric drill that allow you to spin the brushes.

The product is similar to GUNK used on car engines and for general cleaning.

composition is solvents +water emulsifier allowing you to rinse under water  tap .

if you wash brush in white spirit first it is possible (wear plastic gloves) then to take handful of washing powder and need the brush into powder then finally rinse in water.

hang up to dry do not stand in jar or tin or brush ends become twisted.

Archived