Complete France Forum

UK Electric showers in France ?

Jensieboy

Suggest you try the 'search' icon and have a look at postings which have lots of details. They will work BUT we have an electricity supply of under 7 Kw and standing charges are disproportionately higher for large supplies. As French hotwater cylinders are pressurised 'cheap' ( under 15 Euro ) mixing valves hold a fixed temperature very well.

Thanks - just had a look.

I actually intend to install gas de ville but as the barn I've bought is literally a shell with water 'in' only and probably very basic electricity, I thought an electric shower might  get me showered in the early days before I got 'round to fitting a gas bolier etc..

Looks like I may need to find one of those big water heaters instead.. 

[quote]Thanks - just had a look. I actually intend to install gas de ville but as the barn I've bought is literally a shell with water 'in' only and probably very basic electricity, I thought an electric sh...[/quote]

We are renovating a barn and have lived for 18 months with one of those big electric water heaters for our showers. No probs and we still get by with a 6 kw supply from EDF.

Archived