Complete France Forum

Technical C H question

cheryl

We're just completing installation of a central heating system we bought from Bricomarché.

On the bottom of the vase of expansion there is an air valve. Does the vase need to be pressurised, if so to what pressure, or will it already be at the correct pressure?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Cheryl

[quote]We're just completing installation of a central heating system we bought from Bricomarché. On the bottom of the vase of expansion there is an air valve. Does the vase need to be pressurised, if so to...[/quote]

It will be at the correct pressure for a standard system.ie.norm2/4 bedroom house.If you are unsure just put a bike/car gauge on it to check.There are different size vessels 4/8/12/18/25ltrs etc for small/large systems.8/12lts the norm for 5 to 12 rads.Any pressure vessel will be stamped and be labelled and there should be instructions with the equipment.Happy days.

Michael's kind attempt to help clarifies nothing as for example bike tyre gauges are not calibtrated in rads (radians/ a al radian measures). Unless this is your big moment on the site and the actual question is a furfhy can I suggest you simply ask your installer..........

There will not BE a valve unless atmospheric difference is required within the system..do yourself a favour...ask a French Chauffage expert...just drop in and see one. somwhere..for God's sake don't try to make sense of the other answers you have on this site on this subject (though mine is clear cut I trust)

Cheers

[quote]Michael's kind attempt to help clarifies nothing as for example bike tyre gauges are not calibtrated in rads (radians/ a al radian measures). Unless this is your big moment on the site and the actual ...[/quote]

Plato. Going by your other posts you seem to have a little bit of a chip on your shoulder.Read some Homer and cool down.Why i suggested a tyre gauge,is most diy people have them,and it is mostly diy people asking the questions Allso you can repressure with a foot pump.or any other type of pump with a gauge attached.My answer was to choo regarding his rayburn boiler and the uk sourced hws cly and the possible pit falls.If you are bright enough in the heating trade to advise him,carry on without being sarky.If you understand multifuel boilers,explain the dangers to the guy rather than ranting about how wrong all the comments on this thread are.A lot of what you say about domestic services is nearly right.Are you a plumbers labourer or just a winding up merchant?.Happy days.

Cheryl,

Just ignore Plato, Think he's been on the Vin...

These tanks normally come pre-pressurised for the average system, you would normally have 1 to 2 bar of pressure in the system once filled and bled depending if it's hot or cold at the time so unless the boiler and tank are in the basement of a 6 story house you should be fine.

More important is the Size of the vessel, you have to make sure it's big enough to take to water that the system expands during heating, for our 4 bed house the vessel was 12ltr..

If you really can't find any info and if the bladder is not already inflated (if it is you should see it if you look in the hole at the water end) you should look to put about 1.5 BAR in it before any water is added.

Somewhere on your system there should be a pressure guage, hopefully near the water filling valve - if poss, fit the tank on the same plane as this. also make sure somewhere on the system is a pressure safety valve, (normally set to 3 BAR...)

(1 BAR = ~14 PSI)

Good Luck, we fitted our own heating and it's a great feeling when it's all finally working, also if anything happens to it you know how to fix it !!!

Paul

Plato wrote:

<<Michael's kind attempt to help clarifies nothing as for example bike tyre gauges are not calibtrated in rads (radians/ a al radian measures). Unless this is your big moment on the site and the actual question is a furfhy can I suggest you simply ask your installer..........>>

Plato, mate, last time the wife's family were over from Oz, they spoke English albeit a bit quaint and somewhat accented. Why don't you try it? Or at least, try WRITING it

I think you'll find that the reference to "rads" in another post was a shortened form of "radiators"; you know, the things that actually transfer the heat into the house? I would have thought that an engineer of your calibre would have known that a rad, (or radian) is an angular measure, and nothing to do with pressure?

And as for a "furfhy", please enlighten us? Is it anything like a wombat?

Alcazar

Archived