Complete France Forum

Taxes d'urbanisme

Iceni

We have just had a bill for 430.00 € for our renovation. We did not get one last year so are wondering why we have one this year. We will of course pay and work it all out later. The difference this year is that we did go over the magic 170 sq mts. I did do a search on the forum but got no joy. Can anyone add to our info please on what and why we pay this. - Thanks

Fear not, its just a one-off tax levied on planning applications. Well two off I suppose. There is a standard value per square metre which is taxed at a variable percentage in eash community.They calculate how much habitable space you have added , calculate an amount, and collect 50% 18 months after the permission was granted , and the rest another 18 months later. It is supposed to pay for the additional facilities required as the community develops. so why the next time you see a new lamppost, or flower tub, why not regard it as your own little contribution to village life?

Thanks for this, they are adding new facilities to the small camping ground which will be useful for everyone as well as renovating a building which was in danger of falling down to a very high standard so I suppose it is money well spent. Having found out just how expensive a similar thing is in Spain, France have kept their charges fairly low .

Archived