Complete France Forum

Chauffe eau timing

CeeJay

I have the Tempo system connected and at the moment I have the chauffe eau timed through a simple wall mounted UK timer to take advantage of the heures creuse.

Would there be any advantage to have the chauffe eau linked by EDF through the fuse box to control the timer?

Yes, that is if you have one of the newer electronique EDF meters. If this is the case then, when you are on the Tempo tarif, these have a wide array of programmes that the user can benefit from by using the auxillary terminals on the EDF meter, rather than just using a simple timer.

Paul

You need one of those three position jobs that goes in to your consumer board. They have a Stop, Auto and Manual sliding switch. We also use Tempo to control our (Electric) heating which then is linked to a timer and contactors mounted in the consumer unit, you really don't want to have your heating come on when on a Red day. You may still need your timer as you can only set if the heating comes on day or night or both and for each tariff i.e. red, white or blue.

Our hot water heaters are on all the time regardless of day colour as we have 3 and are a B&B and we must have hot water for our guests. We supliment our heating on red days with these wonderful electric fan driven parafin heaters which are really very safe and just amazing if not a bit expencive to buy initially.

You should have got a booklet when they changed you over on how to set your meter if not go to EDF and ask for one.

Archived