Complete France Forum

Permis de Construire

Truffleman

Although the final existing house and extension will be under 170 sq. metres I used a local architect to prepare the drawings and dossier from my sketches. The fee seemed Ok for what I thought I was going to get, namely the scheme drawn up in the local vernacular style and the construction drawings in conformity to local requirements.

Eventually I got the dossier and drawings based entirely on my sketches (no constructional drawings) to submit in my name and after a question on the colour of the pavings and pool, which I answered I have now received back from the Maire my Permis de Construire with 2 copies of the drawings. The PdC "est ACCORDE" with some expected conditions;

As I can see a difference of opinion with the architect (he wants the balance of his fee and I want the constructional drawings) I am loathe to ask him for further advice or information. Can anyone throw some light on the following and so help me and others on the procedure following receipt of the PdC. The advice I require is:

The project and materials to be in accordance with the drawings. OK no problems.

External rendering to be the colour of the existing and local stone. OK no problem.

"Une permission de voirie sera a soliciter aupres de Chef..." OK if this is for permission if I am altering the entrance from the road/highway (voirie). If not can someone explain, please?

"Le dispoitif d'assainissement individuel devra etre conforme....." Drainage to conform to SPANC, OK, but does this mean that although I'm moving the kitchen I have to make an application to ensure that my septic tank system, installed in 2003 by the previous owner conforms?

The construction will be taxed and I will be notified..." OK taxes and death are certainties.

Assuming all the above is OK, but attached to the PdC are "Informations a Lire Attentivement", namely;

"Droits des Tiers" Third Party rights. OK if this merely refers to existing 3rd party rights are unchanged by the PdC.

"Duree de Validite" 2 years validity, extension notice etc. OK

"Affichage" Notice of the Permis must be attached to the land during the duration of the works. OK. I've seen these Notices, presumably obtainable from the builders merchants.

"Delais et Voies de Recours" The beneficiary of a decision has 2 Months to contest the conditions: in the event the Permis was refused, presumably? So as it was granted, no problems.

"Assurance Dommages-Ouvrages"  The Maitre d'ouvrage, i.e. me, must, be starting work, apply for "les conditions prevue par les articles L.242-1 et suivants du code des assurances." Does this mean 3rd party insurance cover, etc.?

Finally, 2 more questions;

I have read/heard that an Objection can be made by a third party to the proposed extension within two months of the ACCORDE and any work I do before that will be at my own risk if the objection is upheld. Is this the case?

Lastly. The architect has conflicting information of the drawings; windows shown as sliding on elevation and hinged on plan, roof lights and other windows omitted, terrace at the same level as the internal floor level, despite steps between, porch too small, etc. Should I resubmit the PdC application myself before work (and thus have another delay) or wait until after and submit with these corrections and other changes that will undoubtably crop up during the work? Any opinions?

Sorry the above is so long, but if you know or have experience, advice and opinions greatly appreciated as the books only cover the submission of a PdC, not the nitty-gritty of what happens next.

Thanks in advance, Truffleman

Assurance Dommages-Ouvrages

This is the equivalent of the NHBC guarantee which will pay out if there are problems with enforcing the major 10 year guarantees provided by individual artisans.

It is relatively small, but often unexpected, element of the overall cost. you should allow between 2 to 5% of the total project cost.

Archived