Complete France Forum

Do new, inside, underground drains conform?

Rtony

Mains drains came to our village almost 2 years ago.

We employed a builder to replace the floors with concrete and install a drainage system from the kitchen, toilets, bathroom etc. at the same time.

We've now received a letter and a form pack from the Mayor informing us that unless he receives the form back before September stating that the system installed conforms to the regulations (in the pack) then we will be penalised. We thought the builder had completed them.

The problem is:The illustrations in the pack show all the drainage pipes going into a central lidded plastic gulley. Ours go into a square hole lined with a concrete mix, with a metal lid on top!

I've written to the builder who hasn't replied.

Would anybody on this Forum know if this conforms?

If not I presume the concrete floors would have to be dug up and a plastic gulley installed, or do we try and get the builder to sign the confirmation regardless?

Have you phoned your builder? Many people are taking advantage of the bank holidays and he could be away at the moment.

If you can't get in touch, I would take the  paid facture from the builder down to the Mairie and tell them that you know nothing of this sort of thing and had employed the builder to sort it all out for you. And see what they say. It will be up to the Mairie as to what is acceptable and what isn't.

[quote]Have you phoned your builder? Many people are taking advantage of the bank holidays and he could be away at the moment. If you can't get in touch, I would take the paid facture from the builder down...[/quote]

Thanks for the reply Guru, no I haven't phoned him yet. I wrote to him over a month ago, but there again I've written to him before and not received a reply.

We're going over in 2 weeks so I'll go to his house.

Also, I might see the Mayor as you suggest.

The installation may be OK, you never know!

Tony

Archived