Complete France Forum

Bati Prompt

Motorhead

Has anyone ever used Bati Prompt made by Vicat before. I’ve just bought some mainly because it says in the Brico Depot catalogue “utilisable en milieu humide et marin “, which was just what I was wanting.

However it’s very quick drying stuff , perhaps too quick drying for me. It says on the bag that the drying can be retarded by anything up to 26 mins by the addition of a liquid called tempo but doesn’t explain what it actually is or where I can get it as Brico Depot don’t have any.

I’m tempted to throw in a bit of PVA instead to see if it makes a difference but before I do, does anyone know any better?

Try a squirt of ordinary washing up liquid to make it more 'plastic' and easier (therefore quicker) to apply or some granulated sugar to retard the setting process (a large handful sugar to a bag of Batiprompt)  No I'm not joking, I was told these tricks by a (un)Civil engineer and they work.

Pierre ZFP

Add sand, or should I say, add to sand to make a conventional mortar mix which will be slower and more manageable. Alternatively, you can add a small amount of it to a normal portland cement and sand mortar to speed it up.

Ordinary portland cement works underwater as well

I bought the stuff because of its sulphate resistance but it is vary quick drying (the warmer it is the quicker). Don't know if it's in mrbricolage but it's 10 euros 90 for 25kg in Brico Depot which is rather dear especially when you consider that it's supposed to be mixed 1:1 with the sand.

BTW the sugar works!

Archived