Complete France Forum

"Pas de siphon"?

Rtony

Our house has been connected to the new mains drainage system in the village and it's just been inspected by the SAUR.

The inspection report states 'pas de siphon'.

Is this siphon some kind of u bend that should be connected to the 100mm dia. underground pipe that comes out of the house  or am I on the wrong track?

thanks,

Tony

I think this is what they mean.

Siphons disconnecteurs

Il est recommandé de disposer au pied des descentes d'eaux usées, avant le branchement à l'égout public, un siphon disconnecteur facile à curer afin d'éviter les obstructions du branchement par les matières qui, malgré les précautions prises, viendraient à pénétrer dans le circuit d'évacuation des eaux usées de l'immeuble d'habitation ou industriel.

Ces dispositifs seront conçus de manière à ne pas gêner la ventilation des égouts et à faciliter les opérations d'un entretien régulier

Are these the bafle type plate that is in the entrance to the drain or are they something seperate that we should connect before we put our drains to the main sewer the reason why I ask is that we are digging a channell to the main drain just outside our back gate as the previous owners did not connect even though they paid the extra rates for the privalage of being connected and we are doing the hard graft and then getting a plumber to do the last bit to save some money

[quote]I think this is what they mean. Siphons disconnecteurs Il est recommandé de disposer au pied des descentes d'eaux usées, avant le branchement à l'égout public, un siphon disconnecteur facil...[/quote]

Thanks for that, any chance of a translation?

Tony

Archived