Complete France Forum

Planning Permission ?

James2

Hi,

I intend to knock a back door to the rear of my " mason secondair " which is in the Charente region.

The external wall is constructed of concrete block with a cavity to a pot brick inner liner. built in the 1930`s and is of standard construction.

My question is, do I really need planning permission to put this doorway in, as there are no neighbours to effect or overlook any road? The cottage is not in a village of outstanding beauty or near a church or a building of an ancient monument.

Any thoughts appreciated

Ray

You Definitely need Planning application for this to be within the law In France. the simpler form of planning application the "Declaration de Travaux" will suffice. Any changes to the exterior of the property especially new openings come under this ruling. 

Paul

We've recently applied for and got this permission, to put a velux into our attic.  I can't remember the term in French but basically it translates to something ludicrous like:- permission for works which do not need permission - now how French is that??!!!!

You get the form from the Mairie, send it off to the DDE and we got the permission through within about two weeks.  Very simple, no costs involved.  Better to keep on the right side of the law rather than knock the hole through and hope that no one realises that you've done it, because I can assure you, in rural France SOMEONE will have noticed!

[quote]AFAIK you need permission to knock holes in external walls. But why not ask them what knows - the DDE and/or Maire. John not[/quote]

Thanks for all the info, looks as though I will need planning permission??????

So I must apply to my local marie for a form and send it off to the DDE?????

Can you give me the full name and address of the DDE?

Sorry to be a pain, but my french is limited.

Ray

I think you can find the form somewhere on the internet, I'll have a ook later. But when it's filled in it has to go back to your local Mairie, so that they can have their two pennerth  euroth!.

They then send it to the local DDE.

Archived