Complete France Forum

Piping for new central heating ?

joidevie

Can anyone recommend the best method for a new ( wet ) central heating system ? I have the luxury of awaiting a final coat of 5cm cement on both the ground floor and the first ( the first floor is a new concrete brick floor ). I've been told that copper and concrete do not mix well. Do I still use copper piping threaded through a gaigne ( colour / dimension ? ) and bury that within the top coat of concrete ? Or is this just 'not done' ? Back in the UK I used all plastic pipiing but I'm not very convinced about the quality of the stuff I've seen down here in Aude 11 - or is possible to use this PER tubing sold pre-gaigned in red ? Any recommendations for the best connection fittings if using plastic ? Any tips would be happily received !

Also, I'm looking to 'bury' cabling for : Loudspeakers, telephone & satellite etc in the concrete. What colour / size gaigne is recommended for that ? Thanks.

Personal view - I would not bury heating pipework (or sanitary pipework) at the depth you are considering.

Normally, channels are left in the concrete deep enough to house the gaine and then covered with concrete after being capped.

I have asked another plumber friend here and he sort of pulled his face.

Archived