Complete France Forum

ceramic tiles

Guest CFrost

Guest CFrost

Hello all knowing diy'ers please accept my apologies if this has been asked into the ground! but, I am now in a position to be thinking about and allocating pots of dosh to ceramic tiles Having got all the regular diy catalogues, I was wondering if anyone out there had come accross some 'cheap but hardwearing and aesthetically pleasing '(is that how you spell it??) tiles for bathroom floors & walls, general internal floor tiles, outdoor terracing and pool terracing.  We are in the Gemozac area, but we have a van so can travel to get best deals Any help, advice etc will be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks in advance

Kimberley

Chadeniers 17

Hi

you need to do a bit more research.

Tiles are categorised 1 to ? and each category has different wear characteristics. The least hardwaring have a thin glaze over terra cotta (OK for bathrooms ?). The very hardwearing ones have the same material throughout the tile (OK for pubs, restaurants, etc ?). There are similar categories for outdoor tiles. I guess wall tiles just have to look pretty.

Don't know where to buy in your area.

Worth remembering they are very heavy (up to 15kg / m2), so you probably don't want to transport them too far.

Peter

Archived