Complete France Forum

builders

Dave&Olive

hi

Having read a few posts in the past about British builders would just like to get my penny worth in .

When we bought our long house in 79 new we had to budget for 2 jobs first new fosse  can do that my self ( even cheaper after reading back posts ) and a new roof on the end barn, so with recomendations from our estate agent hired a british builder to give us a quote (devis) for the job. Busy until June was his answer but the price not too bad . Phoned him 5 weeks ago to say we are now here in France another story ok he said will come back for another look , he phoned last tuesday had his look said will be here monday at 8 am , 7.45 am 3 vans arrived and 3 builders  8.30am Manatoo came 9.00am materials came . they have now clacked at it for 2 days solid 15 mins tea break at 10 am 30- 45mins dinner at 12 .30 and they donnot finnish before 6pm. ok they wife keeps them supplied with tea and coffee but the even offered to fetch there own tea bags!!!

They are doing a better than first a class job so please donot tar all British builders with the same feather

more than happy

Dave

Glad to hear that some buildes turn up on time, but they are working no different hours to normal French artisans except for the lunch two hours.  Just a little curious as to how come they are available so quickly when most French builders are tied up for months to come,  are these British builders working legally in France, Siret, insurance, TVA registration etc ?

hi

Builders finnished today then spent 3 hours cleaning the place up ( in now looks better than before they started !!!) .

Had the bill with his siret nos on his address ect. so all in order . Would recomend his work to anyone .

but time scale we did get a quote off him when we paid our deposit on the house jan 2005 and he did say he was busy till july so yes time goes so quick here , been here 7 weeks now still gob smacked with the place and the people ..

bit of a downer the last few days though found one of our cats dead really really gutted knocked the wind out of us a bit ,all the agony and stress we put the 3 of them through for what we hoped was a better life for us and them and we lost one , lump in throat sorry good night

dave

Hi dave

Sorry about your cat...

British builders rock ,fetch your own tea-bags dunno about that!!!!!!!....12 sugars for me.....

7 weeks...wow....

I will be there in August 4 the cheap Acro props.......

Mick....

Archived