Complete France Forum

Maybe a silly question but........

Teamedup

For those of you who have all your waste water going into a septique tank ie gray and toilet waste, where do you wash your paint brushes and where does this water go?

I've seen posts about washing powder and toilet cleaning stuff and what to use, but not this question.

Hi.I either wash mine under an outside tap,throw them away ( you can get some really good deals when the brico foires are on)or keep reusing the white spirit type stuff in a jam jar with a lid,and then throw the whole thing away many cleans later- sometimes I have lots of jars on the go at once,for different colours.Then I just wipe the brush out on a rag or paper before I use the brush.

A small amount of emulsion should be OK but a lot could upset the PH in the tank, especially a small one. Probably best to pre-rinse your rollers etc out in a bucket (which you could then pour on the veggies)and then a final rinse under the tap.

Solvent based paints should only be cleaned off with white spirit or similar and not taken anywhere near the sink.

The jury's still out on fugicidal additives in paint.

Archived