Complete France Forum

Oven and hob - Ariston vs. Neff

CatherineS2

We are putting in a new kitchen, from Cuisines Schmidt. The salesman has suggested that we use Ariston appliances. Does anyone have any advice on whether this is a good make?

I am happy to spend just that little bit more to get better quality (having in the past gone for cheaper brands such as Candy and then regretting that I didn't spend just a little more and buy NEFF), but I don't know much about Ariston, apart from that annoying ad about 20 years ago (when I was more interested in partying than discussing the relative merits of kitchen appliance manufacturers!) - "Ariston, and on, and on"...

By the way, I was also keen to put in a Pyrolyse oven having read a glowing report (from Coco I think?) about how good they are, but we do let out our house and I was a little concerned that someone would accidentally switch on the Pyrolyse without taking out the oven racks! So I am going for catalyse. Good decision? Please advise if you can...

Thanks!

Ariston come under the Indesit umbrella. I've recently installed Scholtès gas top and electric oven,the latest in glass and all digital and its wonderful. The pyrolise cleaning does not go off by itself unless I set the command that comes up on the screen to work when it tells me the unit needs a clean. If this is for rental purposes, then go for the cheaper versions as renters don't really care about fixtures and fittings when they are on hols.

Bought my Ariston two or three years ago and I wouldn't have another one. Mine though is not top of the range and my friend has an Ariston oven she is delighted with and I must say, it is good.

Personally I would go for Neff or De Dietrich if I had the money and the choice.

From past experience I would not recommend ARISTON. Go for the best you can afford, it would be a shame to spoil a lovely new kitchen with unreliable appliances.

I love my De Dietrich oven and hob, they came with the house and I believe they are at least 25 years old.

Roli 

Archived