Complete France Forum

There's a great place that sells wonderful stone fireplaces, old stone walls, gates and so on. It's on the main road from Saintes to Rochefort, nearer to Rochefort than Saintes. There's another one along there closer to Saintes. If you look round these places you could probably build your own chateau!

Gill

Hi

Yes I`ve been to the Saintes one......Tres expensive for me though...

Le Salvager::::Great tv...

On the same subject I`m after some large white stone lintels...My next door said there`s a place near La Rochelle????

Don`t worry I`m taking him with me cos he has the opinion the owner robs the English blind...

Dandaz

You are right these places are not cheap

I liked the one near Rochefort more than the one closer to Saintes; looking costs nothing apart from time and as yet we haven't bought anything.

I like your idea of taking a French friend with you, I'll remember that tip for future visits.

Gill

Hello, does any-one know the going prices for Breton stone arched doorways off hand...

I am a student of 'Taille de pierre' but its the time/materials versus the salvager...

Yes, I know I could rob one from an old ruin like a gypo but they aint exactly the thing for a quick getaway...

Ta!

Archived