Complete France Forum

Transporting Kitchen from England

Jacks

I have bought a new kitchen in England and need to transport it to France. The Company will deliver to anywhere in England so does anyone know any companies in Dover who will check and sign for the kitchen and transport it to France? Thanks for any help.

Just a suggestion. Our removal and storage co. said they often deliver rugs etc. on a one off basis if they have room in their vans and the delivery date is not exactly crucial.They would negotiate a charge for this. Is it worth checking to see if any removal companies could transport your kitchen for you. I assume it would be delivered to their depot rather than Dover. It's all business after all.

[quote]I have bought a new kitchen in England and need to transport it to France. The Company will deliver to anywhere in England so does anyone know any companies in Dover who will check and sign for the ki...[/quote]

Isn't this "freight forwarding"? If so, all of the ferry companies do it (or did it). Not cheap though. I doubt if it would render a kitchen cheaper than one bought (probably from the same company!) in France.

Archived