Complete France Forum

render / tar stains

hoverfrog

does anyone know what render is in french, and where to get some? I'd particularly like some of that sticky stuff to put on bricks then plaster over the top...

The part of the chimney which goes through the grenier (soon to be our bedroom!) was in a very bad state, and the existing render came off with very little persuasion.

The chimney appears to be built out of large red specially shaped bricks, and there are tar stains between them.

The chimney is now lined and a woodburner fitted by a 'professional' (different story, but we needed to get an artisan in so as not to negate our house insurance!) so there should be no more tar appearing.

I've tried most things in sacks that sound about right, from the plaster that is liquid until 10 seconds before it sets solid to enduite to beton...

What I need is something that a) won't let the tar stains through, b) will actually stick to a vertical surface without falling in lumps at my feet and c) remains workable long enough to put it on the wall!

In England I stabilised a wall prior to rendering then plastering with diluted PVA, but they don't seem to have heard of the stuff here.

Any ideas folks???

hoverfrog

Archived