Complete France Forum

Chauffe eau ACI system

CeeJay

I have just had a new De Dietrich 200L chauffe eau fitted and it comes with something called an A.C.I.electrical connection, which I think is a system for controlling furring of the element. There is also a little green light which glows continuously to show that this A.C.I.system is operating. This light is powered by a small 2.4 volt battery which is, I think, self charging.

However, we return to UK at the beginning of each November and return in April. My question is that if we cut off all the power when we leave, as we usually do, what happens to the small battery, presumably it loses its charge and there will be no way to recharge? What impact will this have on the A.C.I.system and how can we overcome this problem. I obviously don't want to leave the electricity on for that length of time whilst we are away.

I would be grateful for any information

[quote]I have just had a new De Dietrich 200L chauffe eau fitted and it comes with something called an A.C.I.electrical connection, which I think is a system for controlling furring of the element. There is ...[/quote]

It is an anti-corrosion system. The battery will go flat (after about 2 days), but will recharge when you turn on the power again. Best course of action is to drain the entire system (prevents frost and corrosion damage), turn off the power and refill in April.

Archived