Complete France Forum

Tile Paint

MargaretD

Can anyone tell me if they've seen any tile paint anywhere? 

I painted tiles in our old bathroom and it worked fine - Our bathroom here is in need of some TLC, but we don't have sufficient funds at the moment to do a proper tiling job.

We're in the Aube, but have all sorts of diy shops.  Also have motherin law coming from England in eight days, but would prefer to get the job completed before she arrives.

Margaret

You can get it in Leroy Merlin. What they sell is a primer that goes straight onto the tiles. You can then use any oil based paint over that. Seems to work OK for me. The tile primer was not very string and came off easily (between the priming and finishing off. However, I’ve not tested the finish area for strength of paint. Its been up in the kitchen for several months and no problems as yet.

Nice thing about the primer thing is that you can chose your colour from the standard ranges of paints, gloss/satin/matte, etc.

Ian

Margaret,

I had planned to use tile paint (brought from UK) as a temporary measure. When I opened it up I didn't like the colour so instead I used floor paint over the tile undercoat. The result was a bit shinier than I would want in large areas but was fine for where I was using it and so far seems OK !

You can get floor paint in any DIY store though most ranges are rather limited on colours.

Bon courage !

Joan

Archived