Complete France Forum

English speaking Central Heating Engineer needed

mario317

Ok, I hope I've go the correct forum this time. Our oil fired central heating system is malfunctioning and keeps cutting out and we have to press the re-set button several times to get it started.

Does anyone know of a reputable english or english speaking central heating engineer/plumber in the Gueret, Creuse area who could take a look at it?

[quote]Ok, I hope I've go the correct forum this time. Our oil fired central heating system is malfunctioning and keeps cutting out and we have to press the re-set button several times to get it started. Do...[/quote]

317 If the burner is a pressure jet type or normal burner before you start spending money just check that the photocell is not filmed over.Looking at the front of the burner it will basically be the only item you can pull out with a wire attached,clean the face and hey presto it sometimes works.thats of course if its a problem thats just started .Allso check your oil filter.on the tank or where ever is not blocked.There are quite a few symptoms for lockout,downdraft,air adjustment,nozzle blocked,flame detection fault,bad electrical connection etc,most common of all.No or low oil in tank.Have a nice day. 

Archived