Complete France Forum

Electic Toilet trouble

rojaire

My electric toilet stopped flushing the day before I returned home to England and now I need some advice!. I need to get this sorted out as soon as I return for obvious reasons!

I am fairly sure the pump is faulty, what I need to know is, how available are pumps (can I get one in Mr. Bricolage for example)in France and how easy are they to fit, also are they expensive?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Roger

There are a number of makes. I do not think either M.Bricolage, Castorama or Lery Merlin carry spare part for them. They will probably be able to order parts for them if they sell that pearticular brand. Best bet would be to find out who the manufacturer is then Email them in French asking who stocks parts close to you.

Are you sure motor has burnt out, normally they jam on paper and then thermal or over load cutout stops them burning out. Link below to Castorma page.

http://www.castorama.fr/boutique/products/products.jhtml?elementId=CastoSA0602&navAction=push&navCount=0

I am presuming that the toilet in question is of the Saniflo type, I think I'm right in saying that practically all these types are made by one manufacturer and in France. My English house Saniflo got clogged up recently and I managed to disconnect and take it apart with surprising ease and found that a 'over-the-rim ' smelly thing had fallen into the pan and got flushed!!

However I did go to the Saniflo web site at www.saniflo.co.uk and found all sorts of useful information on there including the fact that they have a technical department of whom you can pick brains and they do indeed supply spares. Might be worth while checking this out.

Archived